Friday, March 17, 2017

NJC was it not
one who was smart
and the other knew better
a case of severe sinus
immuned against bad breath
thank you for being a friend

was there a song...
must have been
but which one?
a song of friendship and love
a song of longing
a song of past
a song of forgiving

amnesia anesthetizes the past and future
but you have your songs with you...
always
songs of having lived
songs of having loved
songs of hate and despair
songs of hope and legacy

farewell my friend
farewell

those who survived
you took a part of
it is not fair...
that we should be without

farewell my friend
farewell

that part you left with us
we wash with tears
we remember
we cherish

but I cannot bear losses and farewells
my absence was selfish
forgive me my friend
forgive me

it is easier with memories past
without moments of your passing
to delude of your presence
you will always be a friend

farewell my friend
farewell

《Markus ChuaCH 。15 Mar2017》